Operational excellence encompasses a wider perspective of a company’s operations as a whole. It’s a long-term competitive strategy that aims to make business more profitable and drive overall value to customers by focusing on macro outcomes rather than micro inputs. It aims to build a business culture that encourages efficient growth rather than just seeking to minimize costs or increase output. Businesses that operate with excellence are aware of exactly what is coming up in the next 6-12 months, and how they will deliver it. They know that they’ll be able to deliver it efficiently and to a high standard, with the help of a happy, productive team. The ultimate objective of operational excellence initiatives is to add value to the customer as well as the company.
Understanding what to aim for and where to start is beneficial – but it’s only a piece of the puzzle. Unfortunately, achieving operational excellence is easier said than done, and there are some common obstacles that operations head around the world face –
- Lack of proper documentation access to technicians in the field while maintaining activity.
- Technical risks associated with maintaining the mission-critical equipment.
- Inadequate asset tracking and management, resulting in a lack of accountability and downtime.
Current manufacturing processes and solutions are captured in archaic manuals and printed documents which restrict swift assembly line processes resulting in high downtime and increased risks to workers’ life. Fabrik revolutionizes manufacturing processes with industrial augmented reality to upskill the workforce, elevate performance, ensure safety and achieve operational excellence.
Here is where Fabrik is changing the game –
In our previous blog, we discussed how industrial augmented reality is changing the way frontline workers learn knowledge and interact digitally with their real-world assets, resulting in faster execution, fewer manual processes, and improved decision-making. In this article, we are focussing on one such case study where Fabrik creates a symphony with frontline workers and subject matter experts through visual work instructions, meta collaboration, and digital twins of high-value assets.
- Create an immersive documentation process that is handled in the metaverse by all technicians across all functions and processes.
- An asset record with information like breakdown history, environment and performance parameters, and OEM documentation.
- An asset preventive maintenance model with mean time between failure (MTBF) and mean time between outages (MTBO) for each asset in the grid.
- Quality built-in support to standardize maintenance practices and make it accessible to everyone.
- Rapid application development to automatically update the work orders designed specifically for technicians.
- Optimizes business processes for just in time maintenance and provides end to end visibility.
Value Proposition –
Reduce equipment downtime by up to 50%.
Increase operational life cycle by 25% thereby increasing overall revenue.
Provide additional information to the field technician to be prepared with the right information at the right time.
Operational excellence does not happen from the top down : it has to be embedded at every level of the business, each of which has its own targets. Fabrik leverages cutting-edge technology to provide sequential visual instructions to achieve operational excellence in lesser time and train new workforce members in 25% more efficiently. The myriad benefits of using the platform help in achieving the primary goals of all levels of the value chain and in turn increase workers’ efficiency, safety, and operational uptime.